See mountain gorillas in Bwindi and golden monkies in Mgahinga on a 7-day trekking safari in southwestern Uganda.
- Fly between Entebbe and Kisoro to avoid the 10-hour drive and marvel at the highland landscapes of southwestern Uganda.
- Spend three nights at the heavenly Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge, nestled on a forested ridge with sweeping views over the misty Bwindi and the entire Virunga Volcanos chain. And spend two nights in the idyllic Gahinga Lodge at the base of the Virugas. Both bush lodges have exceptional guest services and a tasty gourmet selection.
- With the starting point for trekking a five-minute walk away, join the gorilla trekking excursion on the third day and the golden monkey trekking on the sixth day. Spend one precious hour observing the primates' basic behaviours and social lives with an expert tracker guide.
- Take a guided walk through remote villages, terraced gardens, and meet the Batwa forest people on a cultural experience. This trip is an authentic off-the-beaten-path safari experience you want to miss.
- Local English-speaking guides/driver
- Tourist Visa (apply online at visas.immigration.go.ug)
- Accommodation & Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Trekking permit & park fees (worth USD 945 pp)
- Land transport in 4x4 safari truck with fuel
- Return Flight (Entebbe-Kisoro) availability holds - 542 USD pp
- Activities & excursions as shown in itinerary
- Extra meals, snacks, gratuities, souvenirs, service tips
- AMREF evacuation cover, and government taxes
- Travel Insurance
We can plan this journey with you. We will recommend the best lodges to suit your travel style and find you permits for your travel dates. We take care of all the ground handling logistics so you can have a perfect getaway!