Spend 8-days on this classic Uganda primates & wildlife safari that includes wild game in queen, trekking gorillas in Bwindi & chimpanzees in Kibale.
- Drive from Entebbe through Uganda’s picturesque countryside to the southwestern region where primates freely roam.
- Explore the ancient Kibale Forest jungle looking for a habituated chimpanzee troop and spend one unforgettable hour witnessing their antiques, social dynamics, and physics.
- Take a golden game drive on the savannah plains and ride the Kazinga Channel to watch incredible wildlife game up close.
- Spend two nights at the idyllic Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge, nestled in trees and beautiful gardens on a ridge with incredible views over Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, the rugged frontier region, and across the entire Virunga Mountains chain. The bush lodge has excellent guest services and a gourmet selection.
- With the visitor center a five-minute walk away, trek into the impenetrable jungle with local guides and porters to meet a family of mountain gorillas and spend one precious hour observing their basic cultures.
- Meet the native Batwa forest people, learn their dying cultures, listen to their tales, and dance to their tunes.
- Local English-speaking guides/driver
- Tourist Visa (apply online at visas.immigration.go.ug)
- Accommodation & Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Trekking permits & park fees (worth USD 1140 pp)
- Land transport in 4x4 safari truck with fuel
- Return Flight (Entebbe-Kisoro) availability holds - 542 USD pp
- Activities & excursions as shown in itinerary
- Extra meals, snacks, gratuities, souvenirs, service tips
- AMREF evacuation cover, and government taxes
- Travel Insurance
Lydia and Cathy have been planning this primate expedition for the last decade with five-star feedback and would enjoy nothing less than planning it with you. They will take care of all the ground logistics and manage your trip to the dot. Let them know you are interested!