3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari
- PriceTailor-made (enquire now)
- Duration 3 Days 2 Nights
- Dates Open
- Safari TypeGuided, Private Safari
- Location Rwanda
- Departure CityKigali
- End CityKigali
- Contact nameEthel
- Contact phone+256 774 805580
- Cancellation policyUp to 90 Days
- AccommodationAs shown in itinerary
- Group TypeTraveler’s choice
- Restriction No Children Bellow 15 years
The 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari is one of the shortest Africa Safari that we offer. This gorilla tour is best suited for a business traveler that only has a weekend to spare or one that want to add the gorilla trekking experience on an overland Africa safari from Kenya, Tanzania and or Zambia.
The Rwanda gorilla safari starts in Kigali where we’ll pick you and transfer you to Volcanoes National Park where you’ll check into that luxury and serene Mountain Gorilla View for the next two nights, just outside the gorilla sanctuary. Spend a day in Rwanda’s rainforest jungle, track the mountain gorilla and spend one precious once-in-a-lifetime hour with them and live to tell the tales of the African jungle.
The trip is tailor-made and can be adjusted in your own style of travel. It includes transfers, meals, accommodation and the activities. Though, we process the gorilla tracking permit on your behalf, that part of the bill is on you ($1500 per person + processing fees).
Due to uncertainty of travel during these times, you can postpone your trip up-to 12 months ahead (considering availability of accommodation ) and also have a minimum of 30 days to cancel. See covid-19 safari terms.
- Visit the Kigali genocide Memorial or take a city excursion around Kigali city and experience the African cultures
- The road drive across Rwanda’s countryside will reveal the most stunning natural setting of this tiny East African country.
- Tracking the mountain gorilla in Volcanoes may appear third on this bullet but just because we wanted to squeeze the best in here. This is the top highlight of this trip and a bucket-list Africa Safari item.
- Activities around the lodge after the gorilla trek like Rwanda cultural tales, music and dance will impress your travel lust.
Know before you go
- The tour is physically demanding, which means you’ll hiking moderately steep slope searching for the mountain giants and high altitudes between 2400 and 4507 meters. There strict rules to going in these places and meeting the gorillas and you’ll be escorted by a tracker, rangers and a guide with a group of other seven trekking travelers.
- The Vehicle that transfers you from and to the gorilla sanctuary is only allowed to carry up-to 6 people and Covid-19 guidelines of Rwanda will strictly be applied to keep you and our team protected from the scourge.
- Local guide
- Gorilla Permit ($1,500 pp)
- Food and drinks
- Transfers in 4×4
- Private tour
- English guide
- Gratuities & tips
- All activities
- Visa & travel insurance
- You can reschedule this trip as a private tour to any date up to 12 months at no cost.
- A 30% deposit of the total tour price will be required to secure a booking, the balance being due 45 days before the tour departure date.
- Bookings not secured by the appropriate deposit will be released.
- Cancellation between 90 and 45 days of tour departure will incur a 20% of tour price penalty charge. Confirmed bookings cancelled within 45 days of the tour departure date or no show will incur 100% of tour price penalty charge.
- Availability of accommodation and activities is not guaranteed; reservations will be made after receiving confirmation of the final itinerary and the payment of the requested deposit. Should any of the quoted accommodations not be available, we reserve the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable option, which might affect the final quoted price.
- All clients who participate in this tour must be adequately covered by medical insurance as well as travel insurance to protect them in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Rates specified for this tour are subject to change without notice, however, every effort will be made to maintain them. In the event of any change of Government taxes or operating conditions that affect the rates we reserve the right to pass on these charges.
RWANDA GORILLA PERMIT CANCELLATION POLICY
(different and separate from the tour cancellation policy)
Gorilla Permits will be guaranteed ONLY upon receipt of the deposit (US$1,500) since we need to immediately pay URwanda Development Board (RDB) Offices in order to secure the permits.
Cancellations received on full payment:
- More than 90 days before the tracking date, 25% cancellation fee
- 89 to 46 days before the tracking date, 50% cancellation fee
- 45 to 9 days before the tracking date, 75% cancellation fee
- 8 to 0 days before the tracking date, 100% cancellation fee
Important: the minimum age required for gorilla tracking is 15 years whereas for the chimps the minimum age required is 12 years; in case of flu or of any other airborne disease the visitor will be not allowed to meet with the gorillas or the chimps.
Virunga Lodge (luxury)
This premium luxury Rwanda lodge is perched high on a ridge with the finest views in Africa, overlooking the Virunga Volcanoes and the Musanze valley to the west and Lake Bulera and Ruhondo to the east. Each of our ten luxurious bandas has a private terrace from which guests can watch the sunrise over the dramatic landscape of mountains and lakes, an individual fire place, a shower room with a double vanity.
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Arrival at Kigali International Airport, meet and greet by your private Rwanda Gorilla Safari guide. After this briefing session drive North of Kigali to Kinigi at the foot of Volcanoes National Park, through Rwanda’s most beautiful countryside and immerse your imagination in nature’s own tranquility.
Drive time is about 3 hours with great drive speed to allow you enjoy the scenery. Check into the lodge and later enjoy dinner surrounded by the evergreen tropical forest.
Accommodation and meals
Virunga Lodge (luxury); Dinner
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking in Volcanoes NP Jungle
With an early breakfast, drive to the park headquarters for gorilla briefing (45 minutes).
When venturing into this gigantic forest, a packed lunch, comfortable clothes, shoes and a walking stick is a must before. The time spent gorilla tracking is unpredictable, It varies from 2-8 hours before an encounter with the family of these gentle creatures. The location of each gorilla family depends on temperature, their feeding range and movement of the previous day with the trackers ahead of your tracking group. Strict guidelines will be issued at the trailhead briefing point, make sure you remember the most important ones.
Enjoy the one hour allotted, (only time allowed in the company of each gorilla family a day) watch and capture this memorable experience as they go about their day to day activities; the young ones playing around the old ones, feeding each other and eating foliage. The sight of these outstanding creatures is the climax of this entire safari. Later retire for an overnight at the lodge.
Accommodation and meals
Virunga Lodge (luxury); Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner and drinking water.
Day 3: Lazily transfer back to Kigali city
With an early sumptuous breakfast, drive lazily back into Kigali. Take a city excursion or Kigali Genocide memorial in Gisozi and the Rwanda National Museum visit, the time to be spent in these places depends on you departure flight.
Alternatively, this can also be done at the beginning of the Rwanda Gorilla Safari before we head into the volcanoes NP.
Breakfast, Lunch and drinking water
Related Rwanda Tours
What is a tailor-made safari?: A Tailor-made safari or private safari is a vacation trip in Africa that is crafted around the traveller’s preferences—likes, expectations, recommendations and travel style—with the guidance of an expert safari consultant. The trips listed above can all be customized to each individual for a perfect safari holiday.
With a wide range of experiences, attractions and great expectations to choose from, putting together a perfect Africa safari vacation can be a daunting task, especially when it’s your first time visiting Africa. And buying a pre-planned Africa safari package may not cut it.
Nkuringo Safaris consultants will listen and learn about your dream of Africa, what type of traveller you are, what moves your emotions, makes you smile and what lasting memories you expect. We’ll then—with you—craft an Africa safari holiday, take care of all the ground handling and take you to your dream with little or no hustle on your part.