4-Day Masai Mara Wildebeest Safari
- Price From $1740 pp-sharing
- Duration 4 Days 3 Nights
- Dates Open
- Safari TypeGuided, Private Safari
- Starts/End Nairobi, Kenya
- Entry Requirements PCR COVID-19 Test, Visa
- Important Fees Park entry
- Contact nameJackie
- WhatsApp Chat+256 774 805580
- Cancellation policyUp to 40 Days
- AccommodationAs shown in itinerary
- Group TypeTraveler’s choice
- For Family, Solo Traveler or Couples
The great wildebeest migration in the Serengeti-Mara triangle is the world’s most spectacular wildlife show, and this 4-day Masai Mara Wildebeest Safari takes you center-stage to witness the live unfolding drama on one of the most exhilarating vacation safari in Africa. The classic African adventure safari starts from the Kenya capital, Nairobi, and heads southwest to spend three unforgettable nights in Masai Mara National Reserve. Your most rewarding spot where you’ll spend stake-out hours will be at the Mara River crossing. Here’s you’ll witness the gnu’s survival instincts in the face of fierce predators taking advantage of the massive number of ungulates and the water slowing down the zebra and wildebeest’s crossing. Beyond the Mara River, the Kenya safari will explore big game across Mara savannah tracks, including lion, cheetah, leopard, antelope, buffalo, and elephant. You’ll also visit the mystic nomadic Masaai warrior villages that share the same land with the ferocious animals to bring you close to ancient human living and culture.
The Masai Mara Wildebeest safari is suitable for wildlife photographers that want to capture those captivating wilderness moments, couples or honeymooners on a romantic wild getaway, family, and group travelers. Trip rates are per person for a minimum of two people. We can make special arrangements for solo travelers and photographers traveling with special equipment.
- A great selection of family-friendly properties, a carefully-curated itinerary, and comfortable travel between locations.
- Big Five game viewing on the Masai Mara plains on game drives, bush picnics for sunset views, Masai cultural experiences, and balloon safari flight over the mara plains.
- Witness the wildebeests and zebras cross the Mara River in the face of gruesome predators like crocodiles, lions, and cheetah.
- Stay in the best-selected safari camps on the Mara cleared for COVID-19 standards.
Know before you go
- The Masai Mara Wildebeest Safari is a single destination vacation, no crossing borders. We’ll use 4×4 safari vehicles between Nairobi and Masai Mara or scheduled local flights, if necessary, to reduce travel fatigue.
- Please take a COVID-19 PCR test at most 72 hours before arrival; you’ll be required to present a negative test certificate for entry at the airport. We’ll be keen to observe Covid-19 guidelines to ensure your safety during this trip. The lodges booked for you have been checked for Coronavirus standards of operation and have been found to comply.
- The tour is limited to a maximum of 6 travelers per vehicle and a 30% deposit on confirmation.
- Local guide
- Visa (USD 50)
- Food and drinks
- Small Plane/4×4 Transfers
- Private tour
- English guide
- Gratuities & tips
- All activities
- Travel insurance
- You can reschedule this trip as a private tour to any date up to 12 months at no cost.
- A 30% deposit of the total tour price will be required to secure a booking, the balance being due 45 days before the tour departure date.
- Bookings not secured by the appropriate deposit will be released.
- Cancellation between 90 and 45 days of tour departure will incur a 20% of tour price penalty charge. Confirmed bookings cancelled within 45 days of the tour departure date or no show will incur 100% of tour price penalty charge.
- Availability of accommodation and activities is not guaranteed; reservations will be made after receiving confirmation of the final itinerary and the payment of the requested deposit. Should any of the quoted accommodations not be available, we reserve the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable option, which might affect the final quoted price.
- All clients who participate in this tour must be adequately covered by medical insurance as well as travel insurance to protect them in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Rates specified for this tour are subject to change without notice, however, every effort will be made to maintain them. In the event of any change of Government taxes or operating conditions that affect the rates we reserve the right to pass on these charges.
Upper Rate Camps
- Keekorok Lodge
- Ashnil Mara Camp
- Sand River Camp
- Sarova Game Camp
- Wilderness Camp Basecamp Explorer
- Karen Blixen
- Eagle View
- Leopard Camp
- Tipilikwani Mara
- Mara Ngeche
Lower Rate Camps
- BaseCamp Mara
- Ilkeliani Mara Camp
- Fig Tree Camp
- Zebra Plains
- Hammerkop Camp
- Loyk Mara Camp
- Double Cross Camp
- Mara Legend
- Sopa Lodge
- Enkorok Mara Camp
The Masai Mara Wildebeest Safari will start from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) or any Nairobi Hotel, where you would have spent the night, and head southwest to Masai Mara National Reserve on route B3. The drive can take about 5-6 hours, driving through picturesque Rift Valley landscapes to your reserved camp outside the Reserve.
We shall arrive in time of Lunch and check-in for refreshment. You have an option to take an evening game drive or relax at the camp to gather excitement for the next day’s events.
- Mid-range: BaseCamp Mara / Ilkeliani Mara Camp / Fig Tree Camp / Zebra Plains / Hammerkop Camp / Loyk Mara Camp / Double Cross Camp / Mara Legend / Sopa Lodge / Enkorok Mara Camp
- High-end: Keekorok Lodge / Ashnil Mara Camp / Sand River Camp / Sarova Game Camp / Wilderness Camp Basecamp Explorer / Karen Blixen / Eagle View / Leopard Camp / Tipilikwani Mara / Mara Ngeche
The Masai Mara Wildebeest Safari’s second and third days be spent adventuring on the Mara plains capturing the captivating wildebeest migration moments with the epic Mara river crossing drama. For almost three months, the Mara River crossing is a stampede spectacle of predator vs prey that will test your guts for watching life and death survival instincts.
We’ve planned for you guided game drives departing from camp at 8.00 AM with packed lunch on both days. Some of the animals you’ll spot on these expeditions include lions (Mara has the highest lion populations on the continent), leopards, cheetahs, rhinos, buffaloes, elephants, antelopes, and zebras including the incredible Pumba warthog.
You’ll have lunches in the wild under acacia trees with gorgeous views of the vast Masai Mara Plains. You’ll visit a Masai village to experience the nomadic pastoralists cultures and jump to their tunes. Sundowners of evenings at the camp will be glorious with dying golden sunsets and historical tales to complete the Kenya safari embellishment.
The last of the Masai Mara Wildebeest Safari will start with a goodbye late breakfast from your camp hosts, sending you on a six-hour drive to Nairobi through the picturesque Great Rift Valley. You will arrive in time for your flight back home at JKIA.
If you wish to spend a night in Nairobi before your flight, we’ll check you into one of our selected bed and breakfast hotels, that will transfer you to the airport the next day.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch