8 Day Kenya Family Safari — Best for Teens, Wilderness Experience
- Price From $5,210 pp-sharing
- Duration 8 Days 7 Nights
- Dates Open
- Safari TypeGuided, Private Safari
- Starts/End Nairobi, Kenya
- Entry Requirements PCR COVID-19 Test, Visa
- Important Fees Park entry
- Contact nameLydia
- Contact phone+256 774 805580
- Cancellation policyUp to 30 Days
- AccommodationAs shown in itinerary
- Group TypeTraveler’s choice
- For Family traveling with teens
Do you want to bring your teenagers along on a family safari trip in Kenya? Well, this trip is what we can best recommend. The journey is set on two of Kenya’s best wildlife and scenery — the Masai Mara and Laikipia Plateau — with the first night spent in a Nairobi hotel overlooking the impressive Nairobi National Park with a great introduction to Kenya’s classic safari amenities.
Laikipia sprawls on the edge of the Northern Kenyan Frontier, stretching from Mount Kenya’s slopes to the rim of the Great Rift Valley. A natural haven made up of ranches and conservancies. Vast open plains in the shadow of the snow-capped silhouette of Mount Kenya create a tranquil and secluded setting, where game drives encounter a plethora of wildlife, including endangered species such as black rhino, Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe, and wild dogs with few other vehicles in sight.
Apart from the spectacular wildebeest annual migration, Masai Mara presents the wildlife viewing scene on the continent good enough to keep a teenager impressed. They’ll head out on game drives, bush walks, and encounters with the Masai Nomads for an exciting cultural encounter and introduction into the local way of life. You’ll visit the Maasai communities and schools.
The whole week on this Kenya Family safari is well-curated to keep you and your teenagers entertained, relaxed, and comfortable in selected family-size tents on the African wilderness plains. Remember that with expert help from our consultants, this family holiday can be customized to suit your preferences and budget.
- A great selection of family-friendly properties, a carefully-curated itinerary, and comfortable travel between locations.
- Kenya family safari activities that will engage the teenagers all throughout the holiday trip.
- Game drives, bush picnics, Masai cultural experiences, and balloon safari flight over the mara plains.
- The annual great migration showcase and fantastic wildlife viewing all-year-round.
- Observe destination standard operating procedures to avoid COVID19 transmission.
Know before you go
- The Kenya Family safari is a single destination safari, no crossing borders. We’ll use scheduled local flights and 4×4 safari vehicles between Nairobi and Mombasa and between Masai Mara and Nairobi, if necessary, to reduce travel fatigue for the kids.
- Please take and carry a NEGATIVE PCR COVID-19 TEST certificate. You’ll be required to present it for entry. We’ll keen to observe Covid-19 guidelines to ensure your safety during this trip. The lodges booked for you have been checked for Coronavirus standards of operation and have been found to comply.
- The trip requires average fitness to trek the gorillas and chimps, and Covid operating procedures will be much observed to protect you and the animals.
- The tour is limited to a maximum of 6 travelers per vehicle and a 30% deposit on confirmation.
- Local guide
- Visa (USD 50)
- Food and drinks
- Small Plane/4×4 Transfers
- Private tour
- English guide
- Gratuities & tips
- All activities
- Travel insurance
- You can reschedule this trip as a private tour to any date up to 12 months at no cost.
- A 30% deposit of the total tour price will be required to secure a booking, the balance being due 45 days before the tour departure date.
- Bookings not secured by the appropriate deposit will be released.
- Cancellation between 90 and 45 days of tour departure will incur a 20% of tour price penalty charge. Confirmed bookings cancelled within 45 days of the tour departure date or no show will incur 100% of tour price penalty charge.
- Availability of accommodation and activities is not guaranteed; reservations will be made after receiving confirmation of the final itinerary and the payment of the requested deposit. Should any of the quoted accommodations not be available, we reserve the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable option, which might affect the final quoted price.
- All clients who participate in this tour must be adequately covered by medical insurance as well as travel insurance to protect them in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Rates specified for this tour are subject to change without notice, however, every effort will be made to maintain them. In the event of any change of Government taxes or operating conditions that affect the rates we reserve the right to pass on these charges.
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, your Kenya Family Safari guide will pick you and transfer you 12 km (20 minutes) to Hotel Olo Serani, where you’ll spend the night. After checking in at the hotel, if you have time on your day, you’ll have a chance to checkout Nairobi’s tourist attractions like the Giraffe Centre and the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Sanctuary. You’ll also spend some time with orphaned elephants and Rothchild’s giraffe to compliment your outstanding views of the savannah plains from the hotel.
The hotel has a gym and swimming pool for those that would like to fall-back and let the long flight travel lag pass.
Accommodation: Hotel Olo Serani
Meal Plan: Dinner
After breakfast, a guide will pick you up at the hotel and transfer you to the Wilson Airport, Nairobi’s domestic airport. Your country flight will land at Nanyuki Airstrip somewhere on the Laikipia Plateau, north of Nairobi capital city. You’ll be lodging at the Ol Pejeta Bush Camp located along the Ewaso Nyiro River for the next two nights.
The Ol Pejeta Conservancy is a 360 km² not-for-profit wildlife conservancy in Central Kenya’s Laikipia County. It is situated on the equator west of Nanyuki, between the Aberdares and Mount Kenya foothills. The camp where you’ll be staying is ensuite, roomy, with gorgeous Mount Kenya views and an easy start to wildlife game drives.
You embark on game drives to find the big 5 on Ol Pejeta among a large selection of other African animals. Your family safari will feature bush walks, cultural encounters, the largest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa, and the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary home to orphaned, abandoned, and rescued chimpanzees.
Accommodation: Ol Pejeta Bush Camp
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch Dinner
From the Laikipia Plateau, you’ll take a quick flight onto a more flatter and wide open Masai Mara National Reserve and check into the magnificent Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp. Sprawled along the Saparingo River on the edge of the Oloololo escarpment, where riverine forest meets the sweeping plains in the seasonal path of the awe-inspiring Great Migration, Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp provides an authentic dose of African wildlife, delivered with legendary Kenyan hospitality.
Whether it’s migration season or not, Masai Mara provides exceptional family safari experiences on the savannah plains. You’ll take morning and afternoon game drives to the savannah plains to catch predator action. Lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, wildebeest, elephant, buffalo, crocodile, and giraffe are among the heavyweights you can quickly see on a game drive. The teenagers will have a chance to meet the native Masai worries and experience their old way of life and take a hot-air balloon safari over the Masai lands.
Accommodation: Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
After your breakfast, your family safari guide will drive you to the nearby Kichwa Airstrip for your scheduled local flight to Nairobi’s Wilson Airstrip, where you’ll take a short drive to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight back home. Your Kenya family safari holiday will end here.