10 Day Kenya Family Safari — Best for kids 4-10, wildlife and beach holiday
- Price From $2,990 pp-sharing
- Duration 10 Days 9 Nights
- Dates Open
- Safari TypeGuided, Private Safari
- Starts/End Nairobi, Kenya
- Entry Requirements PCR COVID-19 Test, Visa
- Important Fees Park entry
- Contact nameLydia
- Contact phone+256 774 805580
- Cancellation policyUp to 30 Days
- AccommodationAs shown in itinerary
- Group TypeTraveler’s choice
- For Family with children 4-10 years
Suppose you’ve always wanted to take the whole family on an Africa safari holiday. In that case, this Kenya Family Safari package for ten days is a perfect choice for everyone, including children between the age of 4-10 years. We have selected the best family-friendly properties to cater to the children’s activities on the savannah and at the beach in Mombasa.
The trip starts in the unique Nairobi National Park that presents a great introduction to Kenya’s savannah wilderness. On the Mara Plains, where the family will spend the first half of the holiday trip, the great wildebeest migration will highlight morning and afternoon game drives. Bush picnics, sundowners, and Maasai cultural experiences are all part of this exploration. A balloon safari flight over the bush plains will reveal spectacular views of animals and landscapes to fill your memories with Africa’s wilderness.
The second half of the trip will fly the family to Mombasa, check-in at the Whitesands Beach Resort and Spa, and spend the next four nights doing next to nothing. With swimming pools, a kids’ play club, gym, spa, fine dining, and dazzling white sand beach, the whole family will be rewarded on this fine holiday trip.
- A great selection of family-friendly properties, a carefully-curated itinerary, and comfortable travel between locations.
- Kenya family safari activities that will engage the children, especially those between the age of 4 to 10 years.
- Game drives, bush picnics, Masai cultural experiences, and balloon safari flight over the mara plains.
- The annual great migration showcase and fantastic wildlife viewing all-year-round.
- Relaxing at a family beach in Mombasa on the coast.
- Observe destination standard operating procedures to avoid COVID19 transmission.
Know before you go
- The Kenya Family safari is a single destination safari, no crossing borders. We’ll use scheduled local flights and 4×4 safari vehicles between Nairobi and Mombasa and between Masai Mara and Nairobi, if necessary, to reduce travel fatigue for the kids.
- Please take and carry a NEGATIVE PCR COVID-19 TEST certificate. You’ll be required to present it for entry. We’ll keen to observe Covid-19 guidelines to ensure your safety during this trip. The lodges booked for you have been checked for Coronavirus standards of operation and have been found to comply.
- The tour is limited to a maximum of 6 travelers per vehicle and a 30% deposit on confirmation.
- Local guide
- Visa (USD 50)
- Food and drinks
- Small Plane/4×4 Transfers
- Private tour
- English guide
- Gratuities & tips
- All activities
- Travel insurance
- You can reschedule this trip as a private tour to any date up to 12 months at no cost.
- A 30% deposit of the total tour price will be required to secure a booking, the balance being due 45 days before the tour departure date.
- Bookings not secured by the appropriate deposit will be released.
- Cancellation between 90 and 45 days of tour departure will incur a 20% of tour price penalty charge. Confirmed bookings cancelled within 45 days of the tour departure date or no show will incur 100% of tour price penalty charge.
- Availability of accommodation and activities is not guaranteed; reservations will be made after receiving confirmation of the final itinerary and the payment of the requested deposit. Should any of the quoted accommodations not be available, we reserve the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable option, which might affect the final quoted price.
- All clients who participate in this tour must be adequately covered by medical insurance as well as travel insurance to protect them in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Rates specified for this tour are subject to change without notice, however, every effort will be made to maintain them. In the event of any change of Government taxes or operating conditions that affect the rates we reserve the right to pass on these charges.
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, your Kenya Family Safari guide will pick you and transfer you 37 km (1.2 hrs) via Mombasa road to Ololo Safari Lodge on the edge of Nairobi National Park, where you’ll spend the night. Nairobi National Park is one of Kenya’s unique safari destination where big game and the city skyline magnificently present a unique experience on the savannah.
After checking into your room, you’ll have a chance to take an afternoon game drive and meet the park’s dwellers like antelope, giraffe, lion, buffalo, and rhino among others. Your lodge has views of the city and surrounding savannah bush.
Accommodations: Ololo Safari Lodge
Meal Plan: Dinner
On your second day, the family safari will head to the most famous safari reserve, the Masai Mara, checking you into the gorgeous family safari camp. Serova Mara Camp is a family-friendly property complete with a swimming pool, baby sitters, and spa for the parents.
You’ll spend four nights here with plenty of time to explore the vast Mara savannah plains on game drives with the whole family. You’ll be able to take morning and or afternoon game drives with a chance to take a full-day drive complimented with picnic and sundowners. You also have an option to take a hot-air balloon safari to view the savannah drama from high above the ground.
If you take the Kenya Family safari trip to the Mara during the great migration period (sometime between July and October). You’ll have a chance to catch sight of the wildebeest and zebras traversing the Mara plains, a world-renowned wildlife spectacle.
Accommodation: Sarova Mara Game Camp
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast, your guide will drive you back to Nairobi, where you’ll have lunch at Nairobi city’s famous Carnivore Restaurant before heading to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your scheduled flight to Mombasa on Kenya’s coastline.
In Mombasa, you’ll be transferred to Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort and Spa, where the family will spend the next four nights doing whatever they like or as little as possible. The resort has something for everyone, including swimming pools, playground, kid’s play club, gym for the parents, health spa, and a good dining experience range. The white sand beach fades into the warm Indian ocean waters and is child-friendly.
Accommodation: Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
After your breakfast, perhaps take a last stroll on the beach before transferring to Mombasa for your scheduled flight to Nairobi where you’ll catch your flight back home. Your Kenya family safari holiday will end here.