13 Day Classic Kenya Luxury Safari
- Price –
- Duration 13 Days 12 Nights
- Dates Open
- Safari TypeGuided, Private Safari
- Starts/End Nairobi, Kenya
- Entry Requirements PCR COVID-19 Test, Visa
- Important Fees Park entry
- Contact nameLydia
- Contact phone+256 774 805580
- Cancellation policyUp to 30 Days
- AccommodationAs shown in itinerary
- Group TypeTraveler’s choice
- For Family, Friends, Couple, Solo
The Classic Kenya Luxury Safari is set at the most enchanting attractions and most luxurious safari properties in Kenya. This trip is planned to make you feel primordial and rocked in the cradle of humankind.
This luxury safari starts in Kenya’s capital, Nairobi at the urban retreat, Kempinski Villa Rosa. It’ll then head west to the wildlife treasure trove and one of the largest National Park in the world, Tsavo National Park. At Tsavo, your wilderness exploration will be based at the luxurious Finch Hatton’s Camp, named and inspired by Denys Finch Hatton, a colonial English aristocratic African wildlife enthusiast.
You’ll fly over into Laikipia Plateau and stay at the luxury Loisaba Tented Camp, designed to take advantage of unhindered views across the Laikipia Plateau’s breath-taking landscape, all the way to the peaks of Mount Kenya. Here the classic Kenya luxury safari itinerary covers Horse and camel rides, bush walks, Samburu village visits, and more await as we explore the Reserve and the Loisaba Conservancy quite literally in your backyard.
This holiday ends with the uncomparable animal kingdom of the Masai Mara. Richard Branson’s Mahali Mzuiri, strategically located to give you the most exclusive views of Masai Mara, will be our home for three days. Mahali Mzuri’s dozen delightfully innovative, yet very African tents, interconnected by walkways, are set on a gentle rise above a quintessentially African scene: rolling hills dotted with acacias, animal-magnet waterways, and, in the background, the limitless Maasai Mara.
This rip is a private custom made safari. Talk to our consultants to help you customize the itinerary to your way of travel at no cost.
- On this classic Kenya luxury safari, you’ll be sleeping in the most luxurious camps in Kenya, including Richard Branson’s Mahali Mzuiri, Finch Hatton’s Camp, and the elegant Loisaba Tented Camp.
- Savannah wildlife game drives (day/night), hot-air balloon safari at sunrise, bushwalks, horseback safari rides, and native cultural encounters.
- Spectacular landscape views of the gigantic Mount Kilimajaro, the snow-capped Mount Kenya, jagged Aberdare mountains, Laikipia Plateau, and the fascinating sunsets on Mara plains.
- The annual great migration showcase and fantastic wildlife viewing all-year-round in Masai Mara.
- Observe destination standard operating procedures to avoid COVID19 transmission.
Know before you go
- The Classic Kenya Luxury safari is a single destination safari, no crossing borders. We’ll use scheduled local flights and 4×4 safari vehicles between Nairobi, Laikipia, and Masai Mara because the selected attractions are more than 6 hours drive apart.
- Please take and carry a NEGATIVE PCR COVID-19 TEST certificate. You’ll be required to present it for entry. We’ll keen to observe Covid-19 guidelines to ensure your safety during this trip. The lodges booked for you have been checked for Coronavirus standards of operation and have been found to comply.
- The tour is limited to a maximum of 6 travelers per vehicle and a 30% deposit on confirmation.
- Local guide
- Visa (USD 50)
- Food and drinks
- Small Plane/4×4 Transfers
- Private tour
- English guide
- Gratuities & tips
- All activities
- Travel insurance
- You can reschedule this trip as a private tour to any date up to 12 months at no cost.
- A 30% deposit of the total tour price will be required to secure a booking, the balance being due 45 days before the tour departure date.
- Bookings not secured by the appropriate deposit will be released.
- Cancellation between 90 and 45 days of tour departure will incur a 20% of tour price penalty charge. Confirmed bookings cancelled within 45 days of the tour departure date or no show will incur 100% of tour price penalty charge.
- Availability of accommodation and activities is not guaranteed; reservations will be made after receiving confirmation of the final itinerary and the payment of the requested deposit. Should any of the quoted accommodations not be available, we reserve the right to substitute it with an alternative suitable option, which might affect the final quoted price.
- All clients who participate in this tour must be adequately covered by medical insurance as well as travel insurance to protect them in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Rates specified for this tour are subject to change without notice, however, every effort will be made to maintain them. In the event of any change of Government taxes or operating conditions that affect the rates we reserve the right to pass on these charges.
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, your Classic Kenya Luxury Safari guide will pick and transfer you Kempinski Villa Rosa, where you’ll spend the night. A serene, smart, and entirely refined urban retreat, Villa Rosa is well located amid Kenya’s bustlingly vibrant capital. Elegant classical décor and soothing cool tones make for restful nights and equally rejuvenating days.
On the outskirts of Nairobi, the famous Sheldrick Wildlife Trust is the most successful orphan elephant rescue and rehabilitation program in the world. Here, soul-stirring encounters with baby elephants at feeding and playtime are yours firsthand, an unforgettable experience for any age. So too, the entertaining and educational non-profit Giraffe Centre provides an intimate encounter with these graceful, majestic masters of the treetops. Don’t be surprised if you win a kiss goodbye from one of the giraffes. Back at the hotel, a heated outdoor pool and a full array of indulgent spa treatments await.
Accommodation: Kempinski Villa Rosa
Meal Plan: Dinner
After your breakfast, we fly south to a natural treasure trove, Tsavo National Park. This classic park is one of the largest wildlife sanctuaries globally, covering a huge expanse of 8,000 sq mi between Nairobi and the coastline. You’ll check into the most luxurious safari camp in Tsavo, Finch Hattons Camp. Affectionately named after Denys Finch Hattons, one of Kenya’s great adventurers, Finch Hatton’s camp offers guests a unique opportunity to relive the safari’s golden era. Spacious tents are boasting panoramic vistas of the surrounding springs and forest. To the west lies Mount Kilimanjaro, a dormant volcano and the highest peak in Africa. To the northwest ripple the gentle Chyulu Hills, some of the youngest hills in the world. As far as the eye can see, all around you span miles and miles of untouched African wilderness, home to the most extraordinary biodiversity on Earth.
Finch Hattons Camp will be your base for game drives in Tsavo’s almost incomparably prosperous animal kingdom. Unabashedly luxurious and intimate, it caters to the safari traveler who’s looking to avoid crowds and has, like Denys Finch Hatton himself, a taste for the finest and comfiest accommodations and top-notch cuisine.
Accommodation: Finch Hattons Camp
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch Dinner
After your breakfast, we’ll take a local scheduled flight from the wild expanse of Tsavo to Kenya’s biggest conservation success stories of Laikipia Plateau. Formerly a patchwork of huge colonial ranches, and a critical livestock district, Laikipia is now where some of Kenya’s most encouraging conservation success stories are unfolding.
Laikipia’s wilderness is a wildlife refuge for endangered animals like almost half of Kenya’s black rhinos, Jackson’s Hartebeest, wild dogs, and a quarter of Africa’s last Grevy’s zebras. Other game includes lions, cheetahs, leopards, rare wild dogs, impalas, gazelles, reticulated giraffes, Somali ostriches, Beisa oryxes (endemic to the north of Kenya) and balletic gerenuks.
Your accommodation in Laikipia Plateau will be at the luxury Loisaba Tented Camp. Perched on the edge of an escarpment, in privacy in its own conservancy adjacent to the Laikipia Reserve, Loisaba Tented Camp is designed to take advantage of unhindered views across the Laikipia Plateau’s breath-taking landscape, all the way to the peaks of Mount Kenya. The camp’s theme is one of African elegance and style, enhanced by an expansive panorama, which can be enjoyed from the large open dining area, the relaxing sitting area and bar, the tranquil wooden deck, and one of Africa’s most picturesque infinity pools.
Its spacious, airy tents have floor-to-ceiling windows, polished floors, and minimalist but sophisticated Africana furnishings. Horse and camel rides, bush walks, Samburu village visits, and more await as we explore the Reserve and the Loisaba Conservancy quite literally in your backyard.
Accommodation: Loisaba Tented Camp
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
After breakfast, the classic Kenya luxury safari will head south with an early transfer to the nearby airstrip and fly south to Masai Mara, the more verdant section of the wealthiest animal kingdom, the Serengeti-Mara ecosystem. Game drives in the Mara are especially fruitful, as your selected camp, Richard Branson’s Mahali Mzuri, is auspiciously set next to one of Mara’s prime migration pathways.
Mahali Mzuri is Sir Richard Branson’s 12-tented luxury safari camp in the Kenyan Bush. At Mahali Mzuri, you’ll have a front-row seat, not just to the migration but also to the great game you can see all year round. The camp is situated in the private Olare Motorogi Conservancy in the broader Maasai Mara ecosystem. Mahali Mzuri’s dozen delightfully innovative, yet very African tents, interconnected by walkways, are set on a gentle rise above a quintessentially African scene: rolling hills dotted with acacias, animal-magnet waterways, and, in the background, the limitless Maasai Mara.
After your morning game viewing activities, take a swim in the 12m infinity swimming pool or book an optional spa treatment complete with Africology products. After the evening drive, relax by the fire on the large outdoor terrace or head for the lounge and swap stories about the day’s sightings.
Accommodation: Richard Branson’s Mahali Mzuri
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
After your breakfast, you’ll take a flight back to Wilson Airport where a driver will pick and transfer you to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight back home.
Accommodation: This can be arranged based on the time of your flight back home.