Why Choose a Luxury Safari with Nkuringo Safaris
How does a luxury safari company amaze and excel for more than 15 years? By a cheerfully relentless dedication to service and innovation… one of the reasons why our guests say that we treat them like a well-loved family. Those familial values inspire the many Nkuringo Differences.
What Makes Nkuringo Different?
- 97% of our travelers value and rate our leisure services excellent on TripAdvisor. There’s no better leisure experience report than word of mouth and we pride in our customers saying the best about us out there.
- Nkuringo Safaris and Nkuringo Walking Safaris owner is Ugandan and lives in Uganda. Lydia Nandudu, along with the rest of the Nkuringo Safaris team, are available to consult with you at any time about whatever you may want or need. And our open and transparent way of work enables access to extraordinary people, places, and experiences.
- Dine at home with the Lydia. Share a meal with Lydia in Entebbe or at our award winning safari lodge, Nkuringo Mountain Gorilla Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable NP. You’ll get a rare and beloved insider’s view of Africa while experiencing a truly authentic African feast.
- Itineraries perfected by decades of experience and local knowledge.
- Luxurious camps and lodges – obsessively, continually curated.
- Only Nkuringo Safaris includes a highly-credentialed, Safari Director on call (24/7) for every trip in East Africa — in addition to a well-versed Local Driver Guide. Two dynamic, exuberant experts instead of the solitary driver most companies provide.
- Take advantage of Nkuringo’s wonder-working Concierge Team on safari, available in person or phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from just about anywhere a Nkuringo safari will take you, from deep in the bush to downtown Kampala. They’re poised to meet last-minute, unexpected, and unusual requests. Forgot a prescription? Lost your reading glasses? Craving your favourite snack? Just pick up the phone.
- All meals included. Moreover, you may decide on-the-spot to dine at a restaurant of your choice on a Nkuringo Custom Safari and we’ll happily pick up the tab. Africa has astonishing culinary choices and there are virtually no limits to where and how often you can indulge. And no worries about making reservations or finding hot spots before you travel; we’ve got that covered.
- Drinks are on us during mealtimes. East and South Africa have an evolving selection of regional wines and craft beer, so we’re delighted to include wine and beer as well as bottled water, and soft drinks.
- Our small-group, boutique luxury safaris never number more than 18 guests and quite often only 12, or fewer. That means more personalized attention from your Nkuringo Safari Directors and Driver-Guides at every turn.
Nkuringo Safaris represents “one and a half decades of refining our craft,” adds managing director Lydia Nandudu. “For us, Africa safari is very personal. We want our travellers to see it through our eyes, through the eyes of Africans. We try and show it to you as though you’re members of our family. And simply by booking a safari with us, you help a family of Batwa tribe in Nkuringo Village.”
Experience cannot be packaged, transferred or given. Nkuringo Safaris understands that it’s only you that can craft a great experience for yourself and we’re only here to give the best intimate local guidance to the destinations and attractions that we have tested for more than a decade of serving travellers. We will intimately guide you to explore our world in your own style.
Nkuringo Safaris is a team of local safari experts and guides that have been in the safari business since 2007. We have had enough time to craft our skill and understand what an authentic Africa safari safari means to our customers. Authenticity in our services starts before you even send us an enquiry all through your trip and after when you have to talk about us.
We have visited and vetted all the destinations and attractions we take our clients to. Our consultants employ expertise to understand your primary goal and importance of saving all those bucks to get an exclusive vacation in Africa. So we travel extensively and make sure we sell what we know and offer expert advice to everyone that chooses to vacation with us.
Safari is our passion and we spend considerable funds to make our equipment safe, reliable and train our staff in understanding the emotional goals of our customer. We do not cut corners on safety and services. We make sure we’re up-to date with our selected destinations and update our customers before, during and after their Africa safari vacation has ended.
Wait, there’s more!
- Every Nkuringo Safaris departure is 100% guaranteed to operate, even with just one guest. We have never cancelled a trip.
- No needless drives between lodges and camps. Our use of local internal flights saves many, many hours of driving, giving you more time to relish the unique Nkuringo Moments that abound on every departure, from bush cocktails to breathtaking walking safaris. Less time getting there means more time being there.
- That said, we want you to be very comfortable, so every last one of our luxuriously stocked, 4-wheel drive custom safari vehicles has cool beverages and snacks, a pair of Nikon binoculars for each guest, animal and bird guidebooks, and bean bags for stabilizing long lenses. Plus every guest is guaranteed a window seat to maximize viewing pleasure.
- With Nkuringo, you’re always connected… our safari vehicles throughout Africa have complimentary Wi-Fi. You won’t have to wait hours to share your safari snaps with friends. And when you tag your social media posts with #nkuringosafaris we’ll help you rub in the fact that you’re having the time of your life.
- Nkuringo guests also receive complimentary Wi-Fi wherever else it exists, including every luxurious camp and lodge. You may not want to keep in contact with the outside world… but it’s nice to know you can!
- The services of East Africa’s famous Flying Doctors are included in every safari as part of Nkuringo’s comprehensive Passenger Protection Program, ensuring that medical treatment and emergency transportation are available to Nkuringo travellers should the need arise.
- While you’d certainly burn calories lugging the bag, you won’t have to! Your Nkuringo Safari Director will transport it from lodging to lodging throughout your safari.
- Nkuringo Safaris has operates two award wining safari lodges in both Entebbe (where you jet into Uganda) and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest NP. Mountain Gorilla lodge in Bwindi has impressively won the World Travel Award three times since 2017. Our travellers get to enjoy world class stay while in Uganda through our private properties.