Why Choose an Adventure Safari with Nkuringo Safaris
How does a luxury safari company amaze and excel for more than 15 years? By a cheerfully relentless dedication to service and innovation… one of the reasons why our guests say that we treat them like a well-loved family. Those familial values inspire the many Nkuringo Differences.
What Makes Nkuringo Different?
- 97% of our travelers value and rate our leisure services excellent on TripAdvisor. There’s no better leisure experience report than word of mouth, and we pride ourselves on our customers saying the best about us out there.
- Nkuringo Safaris and Nkuringo Walking Safaris owner is Ugandan, lives in Uganda, is a senior consultant, and directly plans adventures with customers. Lydia Nandudu, along with the rest of the Nkuringo Safaris team, are available to consult with you at any time about whatever you may want or need. And our open and transparent way of work enables access to extraordinary people, places, and experiences.
- Dine at home with Lydia. Share a meal with Lydia in Entebbe or at our award-winning safari lodge, Nkuringo Mountain Gorilla Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable NP. You’ll get a rare and beloved insider’s view of Africa while experiencing a truly authentic African feast.
- Itineraries perfected by decades of experience and local knowledge.
- 90% of our safari adventure Itineraries are fully tailor-made. Meaning that you can customize any of our trips with the help of our local experts. It doesn’t matter how long you take or how many times you change something on the itinerary, our consultants will stay with you advising you based on your preferences until you make the right choice.
- Our choice of accommodation vacation safari camps and lodges is obsessively and continually curated around mid-range to luxury style. However, we can sneak in a budget rental once in a while.
- Only Nkuringo Safaris includes a highly-credentialed Safari Director on-call (24/7) for every trip in East Africa — in addition to an experienced Local Safari Driver Guide. Two dynamic, exuberant experts instead of the solitary driver most companies provide.
- Take advantage of Nkuringo’s wonder-working Concierge Team on safari, available in person or phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from just about anywhere a Nkuringo safari will take you from deep in the bush to downtown Kampala. They’re poised to meet last-minute, unexpected, and unusual requests. Forgot a prescription? Lost your reading glasses? Craving your favorite snack? Just pick up the phone.
- All meals included. Moreover, you may decide on the spot to dine at a restaurant of your choice on a Nkuringo Tailored Safari, and we’ll happily pick up the tab. Africa has astonishing culinary options, and there are virtually no limits to where and how often you can indulge. And no worries about making reservations or finding hot spots before you travel; we’ve got that covered.
- Drinks are on us during mealtimes. East and South Africa have an evolving selection of regional wines and craft beer, so we’re delighted to include wine and beer as well as bottled water and soft drinks.
- Our small-group, boutique luxury safaris never number more than 18 guests and quite often only 12 or fewer. That means more personalized attention from your Nkuringo Safari Directors and Driver-Guides at every turn.
Nkuringo Safaris represents “one and a half decades of refining our craft,” adds managing director Lydia Nandudu. “For us, Africa safari is very personal. We want our travellers to see it through our eyes, through the eyes of Africans. We try and show it to you as though you’re members of our family. And simply by booking a safari with us, you help a family of Batwa tribe in Nkuringo Village.”
With our expertise, we guide our guests into finding that intimate connection with our safari destinations.
Immerse yourself in authentic African culture, primitive wildlife, and scenery that will leave a mark on your senses.
We’re a team of local Ugandan safari experts with extensive knowledge of East African attractions and facilities.
Value 4 Money
No hidden costs or cutting corners. We meticulously tailor-make your trip to fit your style to give maximum value.
Wait, there’s more!
- Every Nkuringo Safaris departure is 100% guaranteed to operate, even with just one guest. We have never canceled a trip.
- Less time getting there means more time being there—no needless drives between safari lodges and camps. Our use of local internal flights saves many, many hours of driving, giving you more time to relish the unique Nkuringo Moments that abound on every departure, from bush cocktails to breathtaking walking safaris.
- That said, we want you to be very comfortable, so every last one of our luxuriously stocked, 4-wheel drive custom safari vehicles has cool beverages and snacks, a pair of Nikon binoculars for each guest, animal and bird guidebooks, and bean bags for stabilizing long lenses. Plus, every guest is guaranteed a window seat to maximize viewing pleasure.
- With Nkuringo, you’re always connected—our safari vehicles throughout Africa have complimentary Wi-Fi. You won’t have to wait hours to share your safari snaps with friends. And when you tag your social media posts with #nkuringosafaris, we’ll help you rub in the fact that you’re having the time of your life.
- Nkuringo guests also receive complimentary Wi-Fi wherever else it exists, including every luxurious camp and lodge. You may not want to keep in contact with the outside world—but it’s nice to know you can!
- The services of East Africa’s famous Flying Doctors are included in every safari as part of Nkuringo’s comprehensive Passenger Protection Program, ensuring that medical treatment and emergency transportation are available to Nkuringo travelers should the need arise.
- While you’d undoubtedly burn calories lugging the bag, you won’t have to! Your Nkuringo Safari Director will transport it from lodging to lodging throughout your safari.
- Nkuringo Safaris has operated two award-wining safari lodges in both Entebbe (where you jet into Uganda) and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest NP. Mountain Gorilla lodge in Bwindi has impressively won the World Travel Award three times since 2017. Our travelers get to enjoy a world-class stay while in Uganda through our private properties.