About Nkuringo Safaris
Find out more about Nkuringo Safaris
Nkuringo Safaris is a well established tours and safari company with experience in handling safaris in Uganda and Rwanda with extensions to Kenya and Tanzania. We offer the off the beaten track Cultural, Trekking, Camping, Wildlife safaris and Birding watching Safaris. We are a dynamic, innovative and flexible company which has created many interesting and cost-effective experiences and solutions for our clients.
Nkuringo Safaris was established in 2007 as sustainable tourism initiative to develop a team of local guides with the premise of establishing simply gorgeous multiday trek between the hamlet of Buhoma on the north side of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and the town of Kisoro in the South Western Uganda under our product brand Nkuringo Walking Safaris
Whether you book one of our scheduled Safaris or ask us to customize a Private Tour we promise the ultimate in luxury and a uniquely compelling and personal experience ~ a truly once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
How we operate
- We aim to spread the benefits of our clients’ safaris as wide as possible within local communities.
- Encourage operators/clients to include cultural tourism in itineraries to benefit village communities
- Book smaller lodges who purchase their equipment and food locally as well as employ local staff
- Encourage off the beaten track through walking safaris that reach areas away from the main tourist hubs.
- Purchase locally grown food stuffs – many locals have benefited from our establishment in Bwindi
- Provide good quality working conditions for our staff and crews
- Think about the environmental impact of our work and plan accordingly. Our Lodge is one of the two lodges in Uganda that are Carbon Neutral.
- Hard work and attention to detail
- A rigorous selection process for our guides, cooks and crews – they do not only know what they are doing but are personable and friendly
- We aim to match the right guide with the right client
- We are constantly re-evaluating our service for ways to improve
When we do work together, we will always ensure that
- We provide a high standard of service
- We are professional yet friendly
- We deliver what we say we will deliver
- We are flexible and plan according to yours and your clients’ needs
- We are ethical & responsible tour operator
- We do all we can to give your clients the best East Africa safari!
- We are an ideal company if you want to develop tours for those who are not only interested in the country and its nature but also in an encounter with people.
What We Do
We excel in designing bespoke tailor made packages for smaller groups of Photographic Safaris, hiking, trekking, boat safaris, walking safaris, cycling, cultural tours, city tours & beach relaxation. Using lodges, tented camps & basic camping we can be sure to hit every client’s budget.
Our team comprises of specialized and very experienced consultants, & professional walking safari and driver guides who know the destination well.
By supporting local guides, accommodation and projects that benefit the local communities, we ensure that each guest not only gains a unique insight into our wonderful country but also supports the growth of these communities through sustainable tourism.
Since its inception, in 2007, Nkuringo Safaris has spread its wings and has also developed Uganda’s leading Safari Lodge on the edge of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest the Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge and Papyrus Guesthouse 5kms from Entebbe International Airport.
Why you should trust us.
We are passionate about helping open up the wonders of an African Safari to you, bringing you close to local culture and taking you off the beaten track to uncover hidden gems. Most of all we’re passionate about making your African holiday truly memorable and to share the unique hospitality that Ugandans are known to give.
Experience the most exclusive Ugandan Authentic safari that’s tailored to suit your style, vision and comfort level.
Traveling with Nkuringo Safaris you will be humbled and touched by the heartfelt sincerity of the people you will meet on safari. We provide the opportunity for you, the traveler to immerse yourself in the local fabrics of rural Uganda and Rwanda few others get to experience.
Nkuringo Safaris takes the issue of ensuring the clients have the perfect guide seriously; We have trained local guides where we use their services for managing tours, taking our clients off the beaten track, mentoring up and coming guides, and running our local village charity projects – they are our Generals in the field and often form long lasting friendships with our clients. We see these guides as equals and know that this partnership allows Nkuringo Safaris to provide tours that give a more powerful insight into the local community and its resident wildlife, as well as helping our clients to understand the conservation and social issues facing these remote areas.
Walking safari guides
We have assembled a team of professional trekking and walking safari guides under Nkuringo Walking Safaris; who we regard as ‘super stars’ in the world of adventure travel. They guide because they love to share the pleasures of discovery, exploration and adventure.
Unbeatable Value for Service
We have developed a selection of walking safaris and treks throughout in Uganda and Rwanda, offering an exceptional experience at unbeatable value. Safari is our priority and we spend considerable funds to make our equipment safe and reliable and our staff is the best-trained in the field. We do not cut corners on safety and services.
At Nkuringo Safaris we really enjoy the intangible benefits of giving. Giving back to the community gives us a pleasant feeling of connectedness and the satisfaction of at least trying to make the world a better place.
Through our Volunteering program, we encourage our clients to spare 1 hour to a day to volunteer with local community, we believe this is life changing experience to you and the local people and the moments shared will be forever lasting memories.
Expertise and choice
Our team has travelled extensively to all of our destinations and we know them inside and out. We are here to you all the advice you need before you head off on your travels. We also offer a variety of travel styles so we are bound to have a trip style that suits perfectly.
Give us a call or send us an email today and let's help you plan a great trip.
Talk to us!Address:
Plot 2 Uringi Crescent,
Entebbe - Uganda - See map